Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Cardboard TARDIS

So I have a whole bunch of stuff to write about and a lot less time than I would like to do it. Hopefully I’ll be able to put up a book rants post and a Fandom Camping post soon. Until then, here’s a quick cardboard TARDIS tutorial. Unfortunately I’m moving soon so I couldn’t finish my TARDIS, but I got the front done and that’s good enough for pictures:




Now on to the steps to making a Cardboard TARDIS:

  1. Get a large cardboard box, preferably from a refrigerator. 
  2. Cut out the doors. Remember not to cut it all the way to the top.
  3. Make the Windows. To do this, take 8 pieces of paper (2 for each side) and draw lines like the above picture to make them look like windows. Once that is done, you can tape them on your TARDIS. If you plan on painting your TARDIS, you should do this step last to avoid getting paint on the windows. It's also good to color around your windows before taping them on permanently if you aren't using paint.
  4. Paint/color the top bit of your TARDIS black (like in the above picture).
  5. Color/paint your TARDIS blue. Painting is messier, but it's faster and looks better. The crayon approach (which I used) can be exhausting. 
  6. Print out the "Pull to Open" Paper and tape it on the front of the TARDIS. You can make one yourself or you can use the one that I made. Here's the link to it: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1gdhHlz6OEu0F4JKfP-xPI_dWATN25bmbbs0t2Ip5xTE/edit?usp=sharing
  7. For the POLICE BOX part at the top, you can either print it out and tape it on, or you can use white paint to paint it on. I printed it out and here's a link to my document: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1gF0rkMISPSOdaibR4cYziL_fagIcvOS_6OOU-8Vrq60/edit?usp=sharing

Please note that this is just the order I did everything and it may not be the most efficient order. You may do the steps in any order though the taped on papers are best put on after the TARDIS has been painted/colored in. Good Luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment